Make a batch and freeze. Use as needed. Great to have as is without any condiments if you are in a hurry.
INGREDIENTS – (Makes 12 muffins)
- 200ml (4/5 cup) FUTURELIFE® HIGH PROTEIN Smart Food™
- 250ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 20ml (4 tsp) baking powder
- 15ml (1 tbsp.) sugar
- 1 egg
- 60ml (4 tbsp.) butter/margarine/coconut oil
- 250ml (1 cup) low-fat/full cream milk
- 1 tsp peanut butter for each muffin’s centre
*Optional: Grate 1 cup carrot or apples and few Tbsp of seeds to the wet ingredients.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and grease a muffin tin.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk egg. Add the butter/margarine/coconut oil and milk to the beaten egg and whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredient and fold together until just combined.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into greased muffin tin. Spoon a teaspoon of peanut butter into each centre of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- Freeze in an airtight bag or enjoy fresh.
*To defrost leave to thaw at room temperature.